ULTRAVAC 5IN1 for Cattle & Sheep
Ultravac 5in1 is used to prevent the major life threatening clostridial diseases that commonly occur in cattle and sheep.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease),
- black disease,
- malignant oedema (blackleg-like disease), including swelled head in rams and
- blackleg in cattle and sheep.
A booster dose given 12 months after the two basic doses of vaccine should confer lifelong immunity against blackleg and tetanus. However, further annual boosters are required to maintain immunity against black disease and malignant oedema.
More regular doses may be required to maintain immunity against enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney). These are best given prior to seasonal challenge and advice from your local veterinarian is recommended.
Annual booster doses should be given around four weeks before calving or lambing to ensure that passive immunity is passed onto the new-born calf or lamb via the colostrum (first milk).
|4-6 weeks later
|Sheep (including lambs)
|4 weeks later
Annual Booster Dose
|Dose – Cattle 2mL
|Dose – Sheep 1mL
Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do not freeze).
It is important that the vaccine is kept properly mixed before and during use.
For subcutaneous use only.
Vaccine can be used for 30 days after opening providing correct storage instructions are followed.
This product can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. A sterile needle must be used each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
REGISTERED LABEL WARNINGS
- Sterilise all injection equipment by boiling in water for 10 minutes before use. Avoid use of strong disinfectants.
- Maintain cleanliness at all times during vaccination. Great care must be taken to avoid contamination of the vaccine, needle and internal parts of the syringe by contact with unsterile surfaces or unwashed hands.
- Keep needles sharp and clean. Replace frequently.
- Use the shortest possible needle, not exceeding 15 mm in length.
- As far as possible avoid injection of the animals during wet weather or under dusty conditions.
- This product must be injected only under the skin (subcutaneously).
- If possible inject high on the neck behind the ear, i.e. under the skin on the side of the neck (just behind and below the base of the ear).
- Do not inject at any other site.
THE ZOETIS ADVANTAGE
The Zoetis Advantage is unique. Only Ultravac 5in1:
- Uses a ultrafiltration technology. Zoetis’s unique ultra-filtration process creates a more pure vaccine that stimulates a targeted response by the immune system. It ensures rapid and effective protection against the dangerous clostridial diseases.
- Can be used for up to 30 days after opening (provided storage instructions are followed). This provides added convenience as this longevity enables the vaccine to easily fit in with farm management practices.
- Has an ultrafiltered low volume dose. The recommended dose is 2 mL for cattle and 1mL for sheep. This means less fridge space is required and fewer vaccine bottle changes are needed when vaccinating large numbers of stock.
Ultravac 5in1 is also safe for all stages of pregnancy.