Cydectin + Tape Gun Pack
Cydectin Plus Tape Oral Drench and Tapeworm Treatment for Sheep and Lambs
Active Ingredients: Moxidectin @ 1g/L & Praziquantel 18.8g/L
Cydectin Plus Tape Oral Drench & Tapeworm Treatment For Sheep & Lambs is for treating and controlling moxidectin-sensitive gastrointestinal parasites (including benzimidazole and/or levamisole resistant strains) and tapeworm of sheep and lambs.
Cydectin Plus Tape Oral Drench and Tapeworm Treatment for Sheep and Lambs is a second-generation macrocyclic lactone endectocide that is effective against parasites sensitive to this family, and Praziquantel which is effective against tapeworms.
Which parasites does Cydectin Plus Tape treat;
- Mature (adult) and immature (L4)
- Barber’s pole worm – Haemonchus contortus
- Black scour worm – Trichostrongylus spp & Trichostrongylus colubriformis
- Stomach hair worm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Small brown stomach worm – Ostertagia (Teladorsagia) spp, Ostertagia circumcincta & Ostertagia lyrata
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia spp & Cooperia oncophora
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus spp, Nematodirus battus, Nematodirus filicollis & Nematodirus spathiger
- Intestinal threadworm – Strongyloides papillosus
- Nodule worm – Oesophagostomum columbianum
- Large-mouthed bowel worm – Chabertia ovina
- Large lungworm – Dictyocaulus filaria
- Adult nematodes
- Black scour worm – Trichostrongylus rugatus & Trichostrongylus vitrinus
- Small brown stomach worm – Ostertagia trifurcata
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia curticei
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus abnormalis & Nematodirus helvetianus
- Large bowel – worm Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Whipworm – Trichuris ovis
- Itch mite – Psorergates ovis
Why Choose Cydectin Plus Tape:
- Contains moxidectin
- Moxidectin is the most potent member of drenches’ macrocyclic lactone (ML) family, meaning it can kill worms resistant to ivermectin and abamectin.
- Contains Praziquantel
- Praziquantel is the only available chemical that controls the segments and tapeworm heads at registered doses. It makes sense to remove tapeworms to reduce the overall worm burden of your lambs, giving them the best opportunity to achieve peak performance.
- Broad spectrum parasite control
- Cydectin Plus Tape is highly effective against all major internal parasites susceptible to an ML drench, including gastrointestinal roundworms and large lungworms. These worms can reduce overall productivity, especially in young animals. Weight gains and wool growth can be reduced significantly. Cydectin Plus Tape also controls tapeworm and itch mites.
- Persistent activity
- Cydectin Plus Tape prevents reinfection with Ostertagia circumcincta (small brown stomach worm) for at least 14 days. It prevents pasture contamination by Ostertagia circumcincta eggs for at least 35 days. Persistent activity is important when there is significant pasture contamination, as it can delay the need for subsequent drenching. Preventing pasture contamination by eggs can also delay the need for subsequent drenching.
- Recommended for lambs
- For a young lamb, life is a risky business. They are vulnerable to cold, predators and worms. As soon as a lamb starts to eat pasture, it develops a worm burden. Unlike older sheep, lambs haven’t built up their immunity against worms. Worm infections lead to reduced wool production and lower body weights in sheep of any age; a high worm burden will have a far bigger impact on young sheep. Cydectin Plus Tape can be safely used in young lambs.
- Cydectin Plus Tape has a wide margin of safety when used as recommended and is readily accepted by sheep. It can be safely used concurrently with other fluke treatments and vaccines.
Pack Sizes: 5L & 10L
Registrant: Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 52085)