Cydectin Weanerguard With Selenium + B12
For the prevention of five clostridial diseases and cheesy gland, and the treatment and control of internal parasites, nasal bot and itchmite in sheep.
WHAT IS CYDECTIN® WEANERGUARD?
- Contains moxidectin – the most potent ML
- Broad spectrum roundworm control
- At least 21 days persistent activity against barber’s pole worm
- Up to 21 days persistent activity against small brown stomach worm
- Ideal for highly contaminated pastures
- Contains 6-in-1 vaccine
The treatment of lambs from 15 to 37kg liveweight to aid in:
- Worm control
- Boost protection against clostridial diseases and cheesy gland
WHY CHOOSE CYDECTIN WEANERGUARD?
- Contains moxidectinMoxidectin is the most potent member of the macrocyclic lactone (ML) family of drenches, meaning it can kill worms resistant to ivermectin and abamectin.
- Contains 6 in 1 vaccineCYDECTIN WEANERGUARD is a convenient combination of moxidectin and five clostridial disease and cheesy gland antigens. It is ideal at weaning when a drench and vaccine “booster” are needed at the same time, and particularly for lambs and lighter hoggets between 15 and 37 kg.
- Broad spectrum parasite controlCYDECTIN WEANERGUARD is highly effective against all major internal parasites that are susceptible to ML drench, including gastrointestinal roundworms and large lungworm. These worms can reduce overall productivity, especially in young animals. Weight gains and wool growth can be reduced signifi cantly. CYDECTIN WEANERGUARD also controls itch mite and nasal bot.
- Persistent activityCYDECTIN WEANERGUARD prevents reinfection with barber’s pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) for not less than 21 days, with Ostertagia circumcincta for up to 21 days and Trichostrongylus colubriformis and Cooperia curticei for not less than 7 days. Persistent activity is important when there is significant pasture contamination, as it can delay the need for subsequent drenching.
- UnselenisedExcess selenium can cause toxicity issues in sheep. Where sheep are receiving sufficient amounts of selenium, it may be better to use an unselenised drench. If selenium supplementation via a drench is required, CYDECTIN WEANERGUARD 6 in 1 vaccine and wormer with selenium and vitamin B12 can be recommended.
- SafetyCYDECTIN WEANERGUARD has a wide margin of safety when used as recommended, and is readily accepted by lambs and weaners. It can be safely used concurrently with other treatments including mineral supplements and fluke treatments.